Are you ready to take on the challenge of making braille one of your tools for personal communication? If you have learned how the braille system works by participating in A Touch of Braille, our introduction to braille workshop, here is the opportunity you have all been waiting for!
Sight Connection is pleased to announce that its first braille course for beginners, Braille for Everyday Living, is being offered starting Monday, September 11 from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. at Sight Connection, 929 N. 130 St., Suite 3, Seattle. The course will be scheduled for five consecutive Mondays, September 11, 18, 25, October 2 and 9.
In this course you will learn to:
- Read by touch the braille alphabet, numbers and basic punctuations.
- Write braille using the slate and stylus.
- Apply learned skills for everyday use such as creating labels and learning to play cards.
Materials needed for class:
These items can be purchased through the Adaptive Aids Store at Sight Connection.
- Slate and stylus
- Braille paper
- Labeling tape
Sight Connection will provide study sheets for reading.
To sign up for the class:
- Just call Sight Connection at (206) 525-5556 and request to be on the list for the course
- Or email Keiko Namekata at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Leave your name, phone number and email address if you have one so that we can call you or email you to confirm.