Vision Loss Rehabilitation Programs and Services
Vision loss doesn’t mean losing independence. Since 1965 we have specialized in helping people with low vision and blindness develop skills and strategies designed to promote and enhance safety and independence despite vision loss. Our focus is on each individual and their particular needs, goals and capabilities.
We provide services in King, Snohomish and Skagit counties of Washington State. We also provide limited low vision clinic services in Kitsap County.
Many services are provided in the home and we have low vision clinics in Seattle, Sedro-Woolley and Bremerton.
Services we currently provide:
- Adjustment to vision loss counseling
- Training in safe movement and travel; white cane training
- Training in independent living skills and home management
- Low vision clinic for enhancement of residual vision
- Assistive technology information and demonstration
- Vision loss information and referral
- Educational services including e-newsletter, classes & workshops
- Informational publications about living well with vision loss.
Fees for service are based on a sliding fee scale. No one is turned away for inability to pay. Low vision clinic services may be covered by Medicare and other insurance companies. Contact SightConnection to learn more about how our services can help you.
Download our Agency brochure in multiple languages to learn more about the programs and services we provide in living well with vision loss:
Experimental web video for those with vision loss
As a continuing commitment to people with vision loss, we have created a new, experimental video that describes our services. The video uses a human voice for narration and also has large text. We’d love to hear your comments! Send them to us at email@example.com