Reports to: the President/CEO
Supervises: 1.8 FTE; Program Coordinator and Receptionist
Hours: Full time, exempt
Salary: 38,000-45,000 DOE with full medical benefits
The Clinic Coordinator oversees and provides support to the Low Vision Clinic at Sight Connection, a non-profit that supports the independence of people who are blind or visually impaired. These duties include supervising the Program Coordinator and Receptionist, as well as consulting with a Low Vision Optometrist and Low Vision Therapist on best practices for clinic services. The ideal candidate continually strives to optimize clinic organization, efficiency, and accuracy while fostering high levels of patient satisfaction in a fast-paced, collaborative, multi-tasking environment.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Manage in-person, phone, and electronic client contacts, while scheduling multiple appointments a day. Scheduling experience is required.
- Develop, implement, monitor, and maintain patient and workflow systems in compliance with medical administrative procedures in a collaborative, team-oriented medical clinic setting.
- Supervise and train Receptionist and Program Coordinator to support clinic care coordination team.
- Gather, oversee, and participate in the collection of patient medical and demographic information for client charts.
- Coordinate, maintain, and verify billing and payment for clinic services in compliance with HIPPA regulations to ensure confidentiality and security for patients and Sight Connection.
- Verification and coordination with third party and private insurance providers for referral and pre-authorization requests.
- Organization and preparation of internal/external meetings, including drafting agendas, assembling packets, creating fliers and dissemination of logistical information.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects while prioritizing appropriately.
- Provide exceptional customer service both externally and internally while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Minimum required qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED required. Certificate, AA or BA degree in related field preferred.
- A valid Washington state driver’s license, if driving on agency business.
- One year of experience managing and training staff.Preferred qualifications:
- Two years of demonstrated experience performing administrative duties in an outpatient clinic while developing and maintaining patient workflow systems and updates.
- Familiarity with medical insurance billing and credentialing systems, including Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance companies.
- Experience with an older population with multiple disabilities and health issues preferred.
- Hiring experience is preferred.
About Sight Connection
At Sight Connection, we believe that losing vision doesn’t mean losing independence. Every day, we help people of all ages across Western Washington adapt to vision loss, learn the tools they need to remain independent, and re-connect to the work, hobbies and people who help them thrive.
About Our Services
We customize our service plan to each client according to their needs, goals, and capabilities and equip them with the best resources, information, and training. Sight Connection clients are supported by our holistic set of services: our low vision clinic, safe travel and independent living training, counseling and education services, assistive technology support and store products. For more information visit our website at www.sightconnection.org.