Reports to: President/CEO
Salary: DOE with full medical benefits.
Hours: Full time, exempt, Monday through Friday
Closing Date: Open until filled
Procedure: Please send cover letter and resume to Sight Connection, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Provide home-based counseling and case management to visually impaired individuals in a supportive team environment.
Responsibilities and duties:
• Provides direct social work and counseling services on an individualized basis to persons with visual impairment, their family and friends
• The Agency service area covers six counties in Western Washington. This role serves clients in Skagit, Snohomish, and San Juan Counties.
• Provides information and education to support groups and community groups
• Participates actively in the agency’s information and referral service and maintains current knowledge of a wide-range of community resources
• Coordinates with agency rehabilitation staff in overall case planning
• Counsels and advises clients in low vision and rehabilitation program services as needed
Minimum required qualifications:
• MSW from an accredited graduate school of Social Work, LICSW preferred
• One year experience in providing social services
• Experience with an older population desired
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team approach to social services
• Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships with the appropriate community resources
• Computer literacy essential
• Sensitivity with elderly and disabled persons
• Ability to travel throughout the Agency service area
• A valid Washington state driver’s license, if driving on agency business
• Automobile insurance meeting the minimum levels set forth in the Personnel Policies and Procedures, if driving on agency business