Our mission is to enhance the ability of people with vision loss to lead active, independent lives.
Our organization was founded in 1965 when three agencies serving people with vision loss merged to become Community Services for the Blind. Since that time we have worked hard to become the Northwest’s leading private vision rehabilitation agency specializing in helping people with vision loss stay active and independent. Our primary focus is on individuals with vision loss who are 55 or older.
In 2011 we changed our name from Community Services for the Blind and Partially Sighted to SightConnection.
SightConnection is registered with the IRS as a tax exempt 501(c)(3) organization. We are also registered with the Washington Secretary of State (800) 332-GIVE. We are governed by an elected volunteer Board of Directors.
Our programs and services are funded through a variety of sources. In 2010, 85% of net revenues raised went directly to our vision rehabilitation programs and services.
Board of Directors
Meet the 2013 Volunteer Board of Directors
- Chair: Miles Otoupal, DA Davidson
- Vice Chair: Jonathan Avedovech, Port Blakely Companies
- Treasurer: David McBride, Qualcomm
- Secretary: Mary Lewis, Community Volunteer
- Stuart Frank, OD, Group Health Cooperative
- Sally Kim-Miller, MD, Ophthalmologist
- Chris Lona, CL Design
- Quinn Oppenheim, Summit Law Group
- Amy Sabella-Malone, Seattle Central Community College
- June Mansfield, SightConnection
Senior Staff Members:
- June Mansfield, President/CEO
- Jill Braun, Vice President, Vision Rehabilitation
- Michael Lee Craig, Vice President, Development & Marketing